HOLIDAY SALE | GET 40% OFF Code: Holiday
For some time now, wooden watches have become more and more trendy. Its design, both natural and sophisticated, is starting to attract a lot of people. It may be practical, but it’s also a great statement piece that can elevate just about any outfit. With that in mind though, you can’t just buy any watch and expect it to properly pull all that weight. If any old watch won’t do, what watch should you buy?
Lately, she has also succeeded in breaking into the world of fashion. In addition, there are indeed several models of wooden watches. So you have an embarrassment of choice. It can be personalized according to your desires and desires. Despite all their qualities, wooden watches still have some limitations.
Here at Ruban Watches, we’re rather partial to wooden watches, however, there’s plenty to consider when buying a wooden watch as well. To help you along in your quest to find your perfect timepiece, we’ve compiled a handy guide on the pros and cons of buying a wooden watch. Read along to find out if it’s for you.
Pros and Cons of Wooden Watches
There are a number of pros and cons to wood watches, so let’s take a quick look at them:
The pros of wooden watches
1. Unique and fashionEvery wooden watch is unique. unlike most classic watches, every wooden watch is entirely handmade. When working with wood, it is impossible to make any two pieces look the same. Every two watches, even if they are a part of the same production line, will be crafted from a different part of the wood, and each two parts will of the wood would have a unique pattern and some variation in grain and color. So buying a wood watch, you can be sure that there’s no other watch like yours.
2. Eco-friendlyDepending on the wood they are made out of, wood watches can be very eco-friendly. wood is probably the most eco-friendly material. By its very nature, it is biodegradable, and the resources (water, electricity, workforce, etc.) needed to produce anything from wood are simply incomparable to the ones needed to produce the same object from metal. Moreover, companies like Ruban Watches are committed to preserving nature. For every watch they sell, they plant a tree. For anyone genuinely caring about the sustainability of the Earth’s ecosystem, purchasing a wooden watch is a great way to contribute to the protection of nature.
3. HypoallergenicYou might be surprised to know that some people are allergic to different forms of metal since their bodies can’t tolerate contact with certain metals. People with such conditions can’t wear a wristwatch without causing harm to their health. On the other hand, a stainless steel wood watch is hypoallergic because it’s mostly made out of wood. If your skin is allergic to certain types of metal, silicone, or leather, a fully wooden watch may be your best bet.
4. Highly DurableContrary to popular belief, stainless steel wood watches are more durable than conventional wristwatches. This is because they are made with two different materials bonded together. The tenacity of wood combined with the sturdy nature of steel makes stainless steel watches immune to fall damage. However, taking care of your wristwatch goes without saying. So don’t start throwing it in places where you might lose it.
5. Very ComfortableNo longer should anyone worry about traces of plastics and unpleasant odors from prolonged contact of steel or plastic with sweat. Among others, they are very easy to wear thanks to their very lightweight.
6. LightweightWooden watches are much lighter than typical metal watches. It’s lighter and more comfortable.
7. Wooden watches are affordableWooden watches are much lighter than typical metal watches. It’s lighter and more comfortable.
8. Easy to EngraveWooden watches are the gift that keeps on giving, partially because they look better with age and partially because they are easily engravable. That makes them ideal for Christmas presents, birthday presents, wedding gifts, and anniversary gifts – which is a pretty amazing ‘pro.’ Our Ruban watches have some of the best engraving options of any major watch company, allowing you to make your gift (to others or yourself!) all the more special. You can engrave just about anything, from a portrait to a short message to meaningful coordinates or dates and beyond. Just send us your idea, a font that you like, or your handwriting, and we’ll get to work. Simple as that.
9. Great for GiftingAn unmissable trend. It is often difficult to choose between an ordinary watch and a wooden watch. But, the advent of wooden watches gave a new image of watchmaking. This kind of accessory has conquered more than one. Both simple consumers and top models and fashion stars have greatly appreciated wooden watches. Wooden watches make great birthday, Christmas, or graduation gifts. For couples that follow the traditional wedding anniversary gift guide, the fifth anniversary is wood. A wooden watch is much more exciting than a cutting board or plaque!
10. Wooden watches are affordable
Even the most expensive wood watches are really affordable. Actually, most of the models are priced in the $29 to $300 range.
But perhaps the biggest advantage of the wooden watches over the classic ones lies in one very simple thing which, like all other things of real importance, can not be measured. Your wooden watch will give you a feel of warmth and coziness, which is so typical for living wood and which can not be matched by any of the metal or plastic wristwatches, no matter how beautiful and charming they may look.